WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Technical professionals who support, install, deploy or administer Check Point Software Blades.
Provide an understanding of basic concepts and skills necessary to configure Check Point Security Gateway
and Management Software Blades.
• General knowledge of TCP/IP
• Working knowledge of Windows and/or UNIX, network technology and the Internet
COURSE TOPICS • Introduction to Check Point Technology
• Security Policy Management
• Policy Layers
• Check Point Security Solutions and Licensing
• Traffic Visibility
• Basic Concepts of VPN
• Managing User Access
• Working with ClusterXL
• Administrator Task Implementation
LAB EXERCISES • Working with Gaia Portal
• Modifying an Existing Security Policy
• Configuring Hide and Static NAT
• Managing Administrator Access
• Installing and Managing a Remote Security Gateway
• Managing Backups
• Defining Access Control Policy Layers
• Defining and Sharing Security Policy Layers
• Working with Licenses and Contracts
• Working with Check Point Logs
• Maintaining Check Point Logs
• Configuring a Site-to-Site VPN
• Providing User Access
• Working with Cluster XL
• Verifying Network Compliance
• Working with CP View
• Interpret the concept of a Firewall and understand the
mechanisms used for controlling network traffic.
• Describe the key elements of Check Point’s unified
Security Management Architecture.
• Recognize SmartConsole features, functions and tools.
• Understand Check Point deployment options.
• Describe the basic functions of Gaia.
• Describe the essential elements of a Security Policy.
• Understand how traffic inspection takes place in a
unified Security Policy.
• Summarize how administration roles and permissions
assist in managing policy.
• Recall how to implement backup techniques.
• Understand the Check Point policy layer concept.
• Recognize Check Point security solutions and products
and how they work to protect your network.
• Understand licensing and contract requirements for
Check Point security products.
• Identify tools designed to monitor data, determine
threats and recognize performance improvements.
• Identify tools designed to respond quickly and
efficiently to changes in gateways, tunnels, remote
users, traffic flow patterns, and other activities.
• Understand Site-to-Site and Remote Access VPN
deployments and communities.
• Understand how to analyze and interpret VPN traffic.
• Recognize how to define users and user groups.
• Understand how to manage user access for internal
and external users.
• Understand the basic concepts of ClusterXL
technology and its advantages.
• Understand how to perform periodic administrator tasks
as specified in administrator job descriptions.