In this Oracle Database 12c R2: Backup and Recovery Workshop, students learn how to perform backup and recovery based on the related Oracle Database architecture components. Various backup, failure, restore, and recovery scenarios are provided so that students learn to evaluate their own recovery requirements and develop an appropriate strategy for backup and recovery procedures. This course includes an interactive workshop, with scenarios that provide participants with opportunities to diagnose and recover from several failure situations.
- develop appropriate backup and recovery procedures to address your business needs.
- implement backup and recovery settings and perform backup operations to disk and tape.
- employ oracle database recovery procedures to recover from media and other failures.
- diagnose and repair data failures.
- use flashback technologies and data duplication to complement backup and recovery procedures.
- secure the availability of your database by appropriate backup and recovery strategies.
The student benefits by gaining a deeper understanding of possibly the most important job of a DBA – backup and recovery. The concepts and architecture that support backup and recovery, along with the steps of how to carry it out in various ways and situations, are covered in detail. Students gain knowledge of the Recovery Manager (RMAN) command line interface for various backup, failure, restore, and recovery scenarios, including tape backup and data duplication. (Familiarity with basic database tools and utilities, such as, SQL*Plus, is assumed.)
Extensive hands-on practices and workshop scenarios provide the student with experience in a realistic technical environment. This course includes an interactive workshop that provide participants with opportunities to diagnose and recover from several failure scenarios, based on backup and recovery case studies. After completing this course, students should be able to evaluate their own recovery requirements and develop an appropriate strategy for backup and recovery procedures.
Versions Supported: 19c, 18c, 12c